What is your child/children school attendance schedule

Our attendance schedule is no more than 10 unexcused absences and no more than 10 excused absences for the entire year or the child will have to repeat that grade level next year. I think that rule is ridiculous. If they have a doctors note it should not count against them.

missthang42001

Asked by missthang42001 at 7:13 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in

• Ours is the same as you all's.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 7:23 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Ours is if you have 5 unexcused absences (and 2 unexcused tardies equals 1 absence), then the social worker gets involved. We just used one of our unexcused absences on Friday. It was only a half day at school so we decided to get a head start on our vacation. My son learned more about the moon and the tides than he would have learned going to his half day of school where they were only going to do gym class, music class, have lunch, ice cream and then go home.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:24 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• At the high school level here, 6 is the cut off for unexcused absences. That's not 6 days but 6 class periods; they're trying to crack down on ditching and truancy overall.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:42 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I have no idea. My kids rarely miss school (last year #1 missed like 3 days and was tardy 4, #2 missed 5 days and #3 missed just 1) so I never really think about it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:57 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• The parents have the rights to make sure and they can make whatever they want happen. If it is that bad take your kid out of that school district and put them into something better.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 12:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I think our school is 10 but they never even miss half of that. My son misses 1 day in kinder and 2 in 1st. Many parent let them stay home for stupid reasons but if they are really sick I do keep them home and thats it.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• We don't have a set number of excused or unexcused. It is left up to the building principal.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:07 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• it varies, we homeschool.

he does math and grammar daily
    science once or twice a week
    art weekly
    music weekly
    history three to four times a week
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:36 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• idkn we always there on time.lol
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

Next question in
how do you husband and wife homeschool one child

Next question overall (Home & Garden)
Buy adult content