1st B-day party at 530...what should the schedule be??

What do we do first...eat(having sandwiches/finger food), gifts, then cake? Should I wait a while and let the kids attending play first? I'm clueless and it's kind of a big crowd! Thanks!

SPJen

Asked by SPJen at 7:21 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• let everyone eat and mingle first...the kids will play and eat during that time. don't make people wait too long after eating...go right to the cake and sing. Pass out cake so people can eat it for dessert. As soon as you finish passing out cake start opening gifts...I'm guessing if your 1 year old is anything like mine were...they won't want to open the gifts and you will have to. Have a good time!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 7:24 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Usually the kids play for a bit while the adults talk. Then we eat, then gifts and then cake at our house. Average time for a party at our house is 3 hours.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:31 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Thanks gals- I like the idea of eating/mingling for a while first, but can't decide if cake should be before or after gift opening due to the 1 year old cake mess! Maybe we'll just play it by ear! Thanks again...
    SPJen

Comment by SPJen (original poster) at 7:36 AM on Sep. 7, 2010