should i get a flu shot or not?

i haven't had a flu shot, much less the flu since i was 15 and i am36 now. i know the dangers are higher now, but is it something i should do. now they have supposedly combined the h1n1 with the regular flu shot, is it safe? i mean i dont want to have to run to doctor to get a shot every year just because i opted to get one this time.

ghugp

Asked by ghugp at 7:41 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Health

• I, nor anyone in my family, will be getting a flu shot this year or any year; too dangerous imo. There are safer, more effective ways to protect yourself from the flu.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:44 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• everytime I've gotten the flu shot, i've ended up SOOOOO sick with the flu....last time, i was on the couch, too weak to get up for 2 weeks! i don't recommend the flu shot to anyone, and i'm sorry if that's not right of me...
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 8:03 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I don't personally trust the H1N1 flu shot....Something about how fast it came on to the market bothers me. I will be refusing and flu shots for me and my family.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:36 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I use to not get the shot even when I had my first DD when I was pregnant I didn't get the shot and after i had her I didn't get the shot however I did get the shot for her starting at 6 months old. Then I got pregnant with baby number 2 and I got me and my DD the shot not sure why I just did. Then after she was born I got her and her older sister the shot a long with me. Now every year the kids and I get the shot. I have been healthy for 5 years now. My kids catch it still a couple times a year, but it isn't to bad. My DH catches everything and he normally gets it every year he normally doesn't get the flu shot though so last year they made him get it at work because of the swine flu and he was healthy didn't catch anything so I am going to make him get it again this year lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:39 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My son gets the flu shot every year. He got the H1N1 shot last year too. I see nothing wrong with getting the shots if you want to. I personally don't want to take it but I will protect my son.
    mrsjksimmons

Answer by mrsjksimmons at 9:32 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I have never gotten a flu shot and I never plan to get one myself nor do I plan on my son getting one. Almost everyone that I know that had gotten one ended up SICK shortly after whereas I usually end up with maybe one cold every winter. If you're fairly healthy getting the flu is icky but not really a big deal. On the other hand, there is a huge debate on the safety of vaccines. Also there's no way for them to know for sure that the strain in the vaccine is the one that will be active that year. If they miscalculate and use the wrong strain, the shot will pretty much be worthless.
    ashuiren

Answer by ashuiren at 9:46 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I never had the flu shot. Nor has my husband. My kids have.. But i don't think myself or hubby and kids will be getting one this year,.
    kurtkamkaitsmom

Answer by kurtkamkaitsmom at 12:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2010