How do I get my comforter dry quicker?

Everytime I have to wash the comforter on our bed, it seems like no matter what, I have to put it in the dryer for at least 4 cycles (by itself), on the hottest temperature, and even then, it doesn't get dry every time. Any suggestions? I'm very frustrated! Any suggestion is appreciated!

DereksBabyMomma

Asked by DereksBabyMomma at 7:44 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I'm guessing it doesn't have room to tumble, so it is probably dry in some spots and still damp in others. Are you rearranging it every time you start a new cycle?
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:47 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I wish I could say I wasn't because then it would have an excuse to not get dry, but both my hubby and I take it out and rearrange it.
    DereksBabyMomma

Comment by DereksBabyMomma (original poster) at 7:48 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Put tennis balls in tube socks (1 ball per sock) and make a knot to keep it inside. These are "homemade" dryer balls. My parents used to own a laundromat and offered was/dry/fold service and this is what they did. This also works with loads with heavy towels and jeans too. We usually use 3 tennis ball socks at a time.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:09 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• hold it over a raging volcano?
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:10 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Seriously?? Tennis balls?! That's so cool...thanks! I'll definately try that one!
    DereksBabyMomma

Comment by DereksBabyMomma (original poster) at 8:11 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Yes, you can also use old tennis shoes (sneakers) that are clean and tied off in a tube sock as well. These work even better than tennis balls if you have a pair lying around that you don't mind ruining or even buying a cheap pair from Walmart or Payless to use just for this.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:15 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You're awesome...thanks SO much! I'm so tired of it not getting dry...and sometimes it takes so long to dry that when it finally is dry, it smells moldy and nasty....this advice will definately be used!
    DereksBabyMomma

Comment by DereksBabyMomma (original poster) at 8:17 AM on Sep. 7, 2010