ovulation cramps

Is it normal to have ovulation cramps that last several hours?

Sims8386

Asked by Sims8386 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I had them that lasted two or three hours....they felt very much like period cramps and I knew exactly what they were... ;) I conceived my son when I knew that I was Ovulating! I know the exact day he was conceived!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Ever since my miscarriage (Oct 27, 2007), I have had ovulation cramps. Some months they hurt so bad as if I am having contractions (I haven't had real ones, but it is what I imagine). I dont want to have sex even, but I know that I only have 24 hours after it is released to conceive. Tylenol doesn't work for any pain on me and I know other medicines are not recommended. Do you have any hints that will help? Sometimes I just take a long hot bath, but the pains are still there when I get out.
    Sims8386

Answer by Sims8386 at 10:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2008