Just out of curiousity......My dd is 8 months and started standing holding on to stuff. How long after did your baby start to walk after this?

She just started crawling not even a month ago. She stands for about 30 minutes at a time holding on to her activity stand and she can walk if I'm holding her hands. I was just curious about how long till she starts walking.

Kenzies_momma

Asked by Kenzies_momma at 10:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son started standing and cruising around 8 months. he'll be a year in a few weeks and he still won't walk.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• your kiddo will start cruising soon and could take her first independent steps soon after, but it'll probably be another month or more until you have a "walker" that takes a few steps on her own, and then it'll be another month or so until you have an expert walker.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 10:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• There's no way to tell. She could "cruise" for months and months or she could let go and toddle next week.
    My baby cruised for about 3 months.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My son started pulling himself up around 8 months and cruising shortly after. Before his first b-day he was walking quite steadily. My daughter didn't start to walk till she was closer to a year though.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• my caughter will be one the 5th of next month she has been pulling herself up and walking along the walls and furniture for like 3 months now or longer and is still not walking on her own i can hold on to one hand and she will walk all around the house but she just won't let go and go for it
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:26 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• my son at 8months stood up on his own in the middle of the room and just walked to me, he never crused, he stood for the first time about three days before he walked so you never know, depends when they are ready, try a walker to get her used to it
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2008