I know my daughter knows she has to go potty. So why does she still poop in her pants

She will let me know when she has to go most days. she is in big girl panties but I swear today I wanted to throw her in a pull up because she pooped in her pants. she did it friday too. I know she knows what she did was wrong because she hid from me. any advice on how to get her not to poop in her pants P.S she is 3 and I bribe her if she goes a week without any accidents she gets a toy also after she goes potty she gets candy I dont know what else to try.

MamaAlderman_2

Asked by MamaAlderman_2 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• try putting her back in pull ups when she does it. yes she is only 3 so there will be accidents but sounds like she might be doing this one on purpose. so i would put a diaper or pull ups back on her and tell her when she starts acting like a big girl again she can start wearing her big girl pants
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:23 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I don't think a diaper or a pull up is the answer because that just makes it no big deal to have an accident. Stop bribing her. When she has an accident, tell her while you change her how sad it makes you that she's not a big girl yet. When she goes in the potty, try doing a silly happy potty dance. High fives all around. Not candy or toys. :)
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 1:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• dont pay attention when she do that.my girl do things more when I talk to her not to do that,like through her neils or put finger in a nose...when I stop telling her not to do that,she stops by herself,so be patient and try not to react when she pooped in a pens.maybe she just need more other attention.
    dearmamy

Answer by dearmamy at 1:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2008