your religion..... (other than christian)

I'm at a spritual loss right now. I'm pretty clear on Christian beliefs, I was one my whole life. Deep down, I just don't believe in it. I really want to get faith in my life again and would like to know a little info on some other religions. Maybe something that will make me say, "yeah... that sounds like me". I'm very open minded and will welcome anything you ladies have to offer. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm headed for bed (since I have to be at the hospital bright and early to have this baby in the morning) and I really didn't read all the responses, but I would start with beliefnet---they have tons of info and message boards on a bunch of different religions, as well as having a nifty quiz that asks you what you believe and how important you think that belief is/should be, and tells you what you might match up with. From there, religioustolerance.org, and even wikipedia can give you more info on the basics of whatever religion(s) catch your fancy.

Good Luck!
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 9:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I'm not religious at all. I believe in God and Jesus, so I guess you could call me "spiritual." I was baptized as a Methodist, but I've never been to church (that was my parents' decision). I don't really follow any religion, because look at how many religious wars there were and still are. It's sad. Don't get me wrong; I will teach my child all that I know, and they will be able to choose what religious path they will want to follow, and I will support him/her 100%. Hope that helps ... I don't really think I touched on your topic, though :(
    Anonymous

• I'm nondemoninational and go to a Bible believing church. It just means its not a organized religion we just believe in the Bible and everything it stands for. I am a Christian. I really don't like when people say they are religious or call people religious. For me its not a religion that matters its your relationship with Christ that matters. And if you don't have one you need to. He is the way the truth and the life no man comes to the father but through him.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• OP: I noticed when you first asked this question you specifically said (other than Christian). I am a Christian and was raised in church but at one point in my life I did walk away from my religion (because at that time that's what it was, there wasn't a relationship) and practiced another religion... so if you don't mind, can I ask what turned you away or makes you feel Christianity is not for you? If you don't want to post it publicly...feel free to PM me. I know why I left but curious about others. I did come back to Christianity but as the previous poster said, it's about a relationship and not religion. I now have a wonderful relationship with a loving Father God through His Son Jesus.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I just don't believe in Christianity. I believe there is a higher being (God) but not that Jesus was a savior. And I honestly think that no one is wrong when it comes to what they believe. So where does that leave me? Believing in nothing. I was raised Roman Catholic. That might tell you something.....
    Anonymous

• Ok... and I know others may bash me for this but ... here goes. You were raised in a religion. I'm not telling you to give up your search but I'm telling you to give God and His Son Jesus another chance. Just simply have a conversation with God and ask Him to show you who He really is through His Son Jesus. I searched and was left empty and void....when I finally decided to have a relationship is when it changed. It wasn't overnight but it did change. You have nothing to lose by trying.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• The problem with most religions are they were man made with man made rules and as we know men are human and shouldn't really be making the rules. God makes the rules and they are very clear in the Bible. Its the only book that counts in this world. It still after all these years has never been proven wrong. You will find in there though that Jesus is God and he did come to save us from our sins and he will come again.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• invite the mormon missionaries over. you can go to the nearest church or go to the temple and take a tour and ask for a missionary on site to talk with you. if anything you would have a nice tour of the temple. you'll feel a sense of peace there. they should have temple lights for christmas soon. that is a site to see. then you can pray about what religions you have looked into the lord will answer your prayers by dads prayer was. he prayed about what church to join and the very next day the mormon missionaries showed up. that's the short story but he first looked into joining others until he prayed.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Well, the best advise I can give you is to just find different temples, churches,mosques etc and attend them, ask people there questions and do some research on all the religions. Good Luck in your studies and decision!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• You are thirsty...I'll pray for you that you will not fall into lies of deception. "I am the Lord God who takes hold of your right hand and says do not fear I am with you" I have loved you with an everlasting love apart from me you can do nothing return to me daughter and you shall thirst no more. I will fill your soul with the Spirit of Truth. I have plans for you to prosper. Things all work out for a purpose trust in Me the best is yet to come if you just surrender and seek me with all your heart"
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 2:10 AM on Oct. 14, 2008