my husband has a drug problem

help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• I would really suggest going to a local rehab center and asking them for a pamplet to help out and honestly until he is ready to clean up it is not going to happen, I will pray for you as hard as I can and I am really sorry you have found yourself in this spot. Hopefully your love can pull you through this trying time.
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• My ex husband had a cocaine abuse problem. I didn't know it for a long time. But once I figured it out, I sat him down & told him to either get help or I'd leave. He said he would and didn't so I left with 2 small boys in tow.
    We were separated for 6 months, he did get help and we got back together. The courts told me that 99% of the time, cocaine addicts will get back on cocaine even if they go thru drug rehab. Sure enough, a year later, he was back on it.
    I made him leave the 2nd time and never went back. Was not going to have my kids around drugs!
    jon6pat

Answer by jon6pat at 10:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Unfortunately he has to want to get help for his problem. I lost a perfectly good husband over him taking up drugs! I often wonder what ever happen to that good ole boy! I simply would not allow my children to be around it. The drugs were one thing but the lies, the money gone, the unsavory characters coming around wanting their money for drugs he got. Nope, He had to go.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I would say from experience with drug problems, there is nothing more helpful then family's love but only he can help himself truly. Family can only be there for support, and persuasion. I would suggest to him rehab or a treatment facility. I would then suggest NA meeting (narcotics anonymous) I would then suggest counseling for the both of you, and NA can be for the supporters too, so join in with you boyfriend to be there to support him.
    jaevenmomma

Answer by jaevenmomma at 11:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2008