Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you found child pornography on someones computer what would you do?

On saturday I found horrific child pornography on my boyfriends bothers computer. He's 21 and has a lot of social issues. I want to call the police and report him, but my boyfriend said he will leave me and our girls if I do that. I know I need to call the police but Im going to loose everything when I do. What would you do in my position? And by the way my kids have never been alone with him at all. And I have decided they will never be around him again. NEVER.


Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (11)
  • I'm sure it's a tough decision for you but how would you feel if something happened to your girls and you later found out that someone knew and did nothing about it. It's scary and it sucks to be put in this position, please be responsible in making your decision. You know to keep your children away from him, someone else dosen't.

    Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:22 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

  • I would call the police ASAP. If your boyfriend is saying that than he doesn't see anything wrong with it. Think about if it was one of your kids on there. I would have called the police as soon as I saw it without even asking my bf. CALL!!!

    Answer by Kenzies_momma at 10:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • Turn him in! If you have to, do it anonymously. If your boyfriend is condoning what his brother did, then let whatever happens between you happen. You don't want something to eventually happen to your kids from their uncle. Pedophiles aren't people to mess around with. I know you said you won't let them around him, but that doesn't mean he can't kidnap them or something weird. Good luck to you!

    Answer by KatieBatey at 10:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • If your BF wants to protect a can he protect your girls? Call the police and report it....those innocent children are far more important than your BF's stupid family pride.

    Answer by Kimebs at 10:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • Your bf should be the one turning him in. He should be the man and protecting those precious little girls. I would call anyway. You can do it. If he threatens that, he doesn't love you enough anyway. We all need to stop questioning what is the right thing to do. We may be afraid of losing someone special, but these little children are being exp[loited for money and their innocence is being taken away. Please protect these children. If you saw a child walking in the middle of a busy street wouldn't you pull them out? these children are in danger and need everyone's help!!!!Please do the right thing!!!

    Answer by Maddape48854 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • I think u should see first or talk your boyfriend into getting his brother help, therapy, counseling or anonymous help. He should realize that his brother needs help/ punished. My husband would never put anyone in front of his little girl

    Answer by YoungNLove at 10:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • You need to report him. If your boyfriend will leave you over that I would wonder about him and if he is safe around kids.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • You BF is just as bad as his brother then. How the hell can he say that he's going to leave you for protecting your children and other peoples children?
    Turn the brother in and kick the asshole sperm donor to the curb. A "man" who's going to condone a pedophile is just as bad as the pedophile himself!

    Answer by chyna_doll at 11:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • If you don't report it and he harms your girls you will never forgive yourself. Only pedophiles look at child pornography. You have a moral obligation to your children and society to report this vile scum. If your boyfriends leaves you thank the good lord. Men that think it is OK for other men to have child porn usually are pedophiles too. Your kids are at risk they are more important than any money the boyfriend provides or the sex he gives up to you.  Put your kids needs over your own.


    Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • Yikes! It's illegal & immoral, but you realize that. If your b/f is threatening to leave you or whatever over protecting his disgusting brother then you really need to just dump him anyway. How would you feel if you don't report the brother then later you find out he's molesting some little kids? You can help stop this NOW and pray he hasnt done something bad already.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Oct. 14, 2008