how much is ur newborn eating?

my 5wk old daughter is eating seems like alot more during the day about 4-6oz every 2-3 hrs. then at night its 4oz every 4hrs...i cnt remember with my first baby, but this seems like alot..how much is urs eating? (she isnt spitting up alot at all)

JaydnsMom22

Asked by JaydnsMom22 at 8:55 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a 6 week old and he eats between 4-6 oz every 3-4 hours. He only gets up once during the night and will only want 4 oz. he is very different then my 1st who always wanted to eat and never slept through the night.
    canelamami

Answer by canelamami at 8:59 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Mine is also 6 wks old and she eats 4 oz every 4 hours and she doesnt vear from that much.. I have to wake her up in the night to feed her at least 1 bottle other wise she will sleep all the way through!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 10:05 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Sounds right to me. My son ate 4oz's for the first couple of weeks every two-three hours and then was at 6oz's by the time he was a month old. My daughter started at one oz and day by day progressed to 4oz's by the end of her first week. Then ate 4oz's for the first month. It all depends on the baby.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:38 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• oh ok good. at least i dont have the only mth old that eats 6oz sometimes...
    JaydnsMom22

Comment by JaydnsMom22 (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i have a five week old and she drinks 4 oz every 3 hours. but i think im gonna up it to 5 oz because she seems hungry less and less.(sometimes)
    Jandr082908

Answer by Jandr082908 at 2:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2010