crafts ? $?

i like being creative, i enjoy doing crafts and being a housewife for our daughter. ive thought about doing crafts and selling them on ebay possibly, what types of crafts usually sell online good? any tips? what would you sell if you did this?

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 10:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Honestly, I have done this myself and it is not easy. Everyone else is doing the same thing and selling all the same stuff. For instance, I make jewelry and sell it at fairs, etc. I do well and tried to expand on ebay except there are tens of thousands of pieces of jewelry in the big ol' world of ebay. I do better on my own. Another thing I did for a while that worked well was I would go to places like Target, Mervyns, etc. and buy childrens clothes when they were on the clearance rack for really cheap and then put them on ebay for a little less than the full price and I always sold whatever I put on there. Something you might look into. Good luck!
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 1:34 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• You should check out Etsy.com....its kind of like an online craft show, really cool stuff. The fees to list and sell are really low, and there is a Cafemom Etsy moms group on here, and all the ladies are very helpful to beginners just setting up their shops. I've got a store on there (I make woodburned boxes), and there is every kind of craft you can imagine on etsy. Just get on there and check out what kind of stuff people are making, and what kind of stuff sells.
    emilyhendren

Answer by emilyhendren at 11:30 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Check out http://www.silkfair.com as another marketplace to consider. Great site and many great features on this site too.
    way2test1

Answer by way2test1 at 1:28 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• YOu can also make your crafts,take pics,and put them on craigslist.it's free to list there.i have sold every big item of dd's when she was done w/them.craigslist is my go to site for everything.i get my yard sale list off there,i have traded w/others when i have something of value but it won't sell,etc....
    karrey

Answer by karrey at 9:27 PM on Jul. 25, 2009