Dying hair, please help!

I have black hair and I hate it, I want to dye it burgundy, but will that 'take' on black hair?

kittie1919104

Asked by kittie1919104 at 10:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• nope :( i want my hair different too but it wont take on my hair color either ill have to go and get it professionally done... regardless of how long you let it sit :(
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 10:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• This is horrible advice but I've done it...you can bleach the color out...and then dye it the color you want. OR you can go get some color remover at your local drugstore. My friend had black hair and she said it took it out no problem! (If it's dyed) But if I had naturally black hair...damn...I would strut it girl!
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 11:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• you have to bleach your hair. if you really want to do that, mail me. ive been dying my hair for years, ive used lots of types of bleach etc. ri have extreme hair colors and i still keep it healthy
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Licensed cosmetologist here, if you need some help send me a message. But you need to go to a beauty supply store and get 40 volume developer and whatever color burgundy you want. But for extremely dark hair the colors for ethnic hair work the best.. =o) Hope this helps!
    jeepwranglrbabe

Answer by jeepwranglrbabe at 11:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2008