Anyone experienced a stroke?

A year ago (August 20), I went to the hospital because I was completely numb on my right side, had had a migraine for a month, and couldn't stop throwing up. I had a grand mal seizure, along with several other smaller ones. It was diagnosed that I'd had a stroke and 80% of my brain was covered in blood clots (which caused the stroke). I'm just curious if anyone else has had one... I am still numb down parts of my right side (from my armpit to my waist, and then from my hip down to my knee). My neurologist said I may or may not ever regain feeling in those parts. Now that it's been over a year, I'm getting discouraged. Anyone? Or if you know anyone that this has happened to?

SAHMomOf3

Asked by SAHMomOf3 at 8:59 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Health

• My MIL and my aunt both had mild strokes. They both went to physical therapy to regain as much use of the affected body parts as possible. Did your Dr. suggest physical therapy? If not, ask him about it. Also does your Dr. have you on aspirin or any other meds to help get rid of any remaining clots?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:18 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• my mom has. she has trouble remembering stuff. the bad thing is her doctor at the time said she could go back to work, now she her heart looks like swiss cheese and she's on the list for heart donors.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:21 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• The clots in my brain are completely gone. I was told that because of the areas of my body that still experience numbness, physical therapy won't do much good. I am pretty active as it is, and my doctor knows this. He didn't feel there would be any added benefit to PT (And my insurance won't cover it unless it is medically necessary)
    SAHMomOf3

Comment by SAHMomOf3 (original poster) at 9:28 AM on Sep. 7, 2010