I need a good recipe to use with ground beef!!

I know I could go to websites to look up stuff, but I want tried and true recipes to try out! I'm not a big fan of lots of vegetables (especially broccoli, cauliflower, and peas) but am willing to try new stuff. My kids and hubby are not picky at all, except for the above named vegetables. Anything good I can try??

SAHMomOf3

Asked by SAHMomOf3 at 9:03 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Tator Tot Casserole

Ground Beef 1-1 1/2 lbs.
    Can of Cheddar cheese soup or 2 if you want it cheesy usually 1 can of soup per 1 pound of beef
    1 c. of cheddar cheese or more this is optional
    1 bag of tator tots
    Brown the ground beef
    mix with soup
    Place in a 9x13 pan put ground beef mix w/ soup place cheese on top
    then place the tator tots on top
    bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or til tator tots are golden brown serve
    w/ a salad
    ENJOY!!!!
    My kids love this recipe it is their all time favorite
    no1coachmom

Answer by no1coachmom at 1:22 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I love Taco Soup.
    1lb. ground beef
    1 packet of taco spice
    1can of chopped chilies
    1 large can of stewed tomatoes
    1 can of corn with juice
    olives(optional)

Brown hamburger. Add to all ingredients above in a large pot. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally for 20-30 minutes. Put in a bowl and top with any of these ingredients
    cheese
    guacamole
    sour cream
    fritos
    ENJOY!
    2jeffsmom

Answer by 2jeffsmom at 9:14 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i made a kinda pot pie dish. it was kinda like a shepards pie. what do you have on hand? i don't us the online sites, i have to many recipies i want to try first.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:11 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I have one.. Called Hungry Jack Casseroll dish.

1 lb hamuger browned and drained
    1 regular can of bushed baked bean, ( you can use the Griller Beans or pork n beans)
    Bar B q Sauce, ( any kind is fine, Bold, honey, regular, even a squirt of steak sauce)
    2 tbsp brown sugar
    shredded cheese
    hungry jack biscuits

baking dish oven at 350

In a seperate sauce pan, heat your beans, the sauces you want to use, the brown sugar. (Always taste for you desire.)

Add to you hambuger. Stir to mix in well. Put in a baking dish. Seperate the biscuits ,( you may have extra biscuits left over which is normal) put on top of the meat mixture, and last add your shredded cheese.
    In oven for 30-45 min.. just for the top of the biscuits to brown. Enjoy.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 9:15 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I have one make the ground beef drain and mix in one can french onion soup and heat to desired temp. put on hamburger buns and enjoy!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:16 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Why don't you make shepards pie. Ground beef then a can of cream corn and a small can of corn then mashed potatos on the top bake in the oven 350 for 35 mins and then put cheese on the top turn over over to broil and brown lightly on the top. Cool for 5 mins and sever. Brown ground beef before. or
    Meat loaf bread crumbs,beef and 1 egg, bbq sauce, mix in bowl let sit in fridge for an hour then make loaf and put in fridge until ready to put in the oven 375 putting in fridge makes it firm and when you cut it it stays together like a slice. Enjoy.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:16 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I take 1lb ground w/ 1 lb turkey(but you can just use 2 gb) I cut up onion peppers summer squash garlic sometimes peashoots add it in w/an egg. and make burger loaves. Last night we tried wrapping them in kale on the grill, YUM. But anyway, most people love the loaves w/o the kale. I always add a little ketchup to them.
    pixiefunk

Answer by pixiefunk at 10:22 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Tacos
    Burritos
    Taco Salad
    Birds Nest

Mashed potatoes
    Ground Beef lightly seasoned with salt/pepper
    Brown Gravy - homemade or store bought.
    Corn
    Peas
    Any veggies will work.

Pile mashed potatoes on plate and top with ground beef, veggies, and gravy. TADA!

JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:35 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Will send a recipe in a pm
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 9:28 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Oh- I have to go to the store today, so anything is fair game!! I just have like 3 lbs of ground beef in my freezer ( I don't want to use it all at one time!) and would like to do something with it.
    SAHMomOf3

Comment by SAHMomOf3 (original poster) at 9:29 AM on Sep. 7, 2010