is rice water good for diarrea

Asked by cfigueroa1984 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Health

• I don't know exactly what rice water is... but Rice is part of the BRAT diet that they tell you to give babies who have diarrhea, so it might be worth a try.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• i know rice it and regular water helps as well as pedilight and peppermint tea or chamomile

Answer by Patience1 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• idk i like rice water..we put cinnamon and sugar and a little sweet concentrated milk when we make it...i wanna say it is tho..try it and see

Answer by LuLu614 at 3:06 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• To make rice water you use 1/2 cup rice to 3 cups water cook like normal with a good pinch of salt. Strain the rice out and sweeten with some sugar. Its very soothing for a sick tummy.

Answer by motivesmom at 10:25 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I've heard that it is. I haven't tryed it myself because we use probiotics and that works great! for more info get my web site on my home page.

Answer by GarlicMom at 6:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2008