if baby weighed 4 lbs 8 ounces at 32 weeks pregnanant, about how much would she weigh at birth?

first pregnancy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's really hard to tell. Weight predictions during pregnancy can be WAY off.
    LaDanseuse

Answer by LaDanseuse at 9:43 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• no one can tell you. When you get an ultrasound it is just an estimate. They can be really off on those things. So you will just have to wait and find out when baby comes.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:09 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• The approximation is 1lb the last 4 weeks. Based on that a healthy 8, 8. approximately. but like the others said no way to TRUELY tell.
    pixiefunk

Answer by pixiefunk at 10:12 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Ultrasounds are only estimates as are due dates. My first two I was told were going to be 8-9 lbs on the day I delivered with the ultrasound but were well over 10lbs.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 10:58 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• They are said to gain a half a pound a week so 8lb 8oz at 40 weeks. Thats exactly what my son was :) He was born at 39 weeks though. And those estimates can be sooo off. I was told he was 10lb 3oz and i needed induction so he didnt get any bigger. He was born the next day and was 8lb 8oz....Way off!!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:51 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• ultrasounds are not good measures of how much your baby weighs. The only way to know howmuch your baby weighs is to wait for it to come out. That being said. I guessed both my babies weights within an ounce both times. I think a mother knows how big her baby is to a certain degree.
    CrnchyMamaCraig

Answer by CrnchyMamaCraig at 11:56 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• yea we have really awesome sonos (some arent as high tech as others lol) and the dr said they still can be off by 3 weeks thats a ton so yea not worth much
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 12:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• u/s are SUCH a bad judgement!!! they can be off by LBS!! not ounces!!! dont pay too much attention to the weight as predicted by u/s:)
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 3:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2010