Can you get a bikini wax while pregnant? adult content

Since I can no longer see with the belly in the way, I'd rather just get waxed than attempt to shave. Is it safe to get a bikini wax while pregnant? I know if you get one around your period they supposedly hurt more - is it the same with pregnancy?

Autumn317

Asked by Autumn317 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure of any risks, but honestly I think I'd avoid it. At the very least it seems like you would be waaaaay more sensitive. If there are any possible risks I would definitely avoid it.
    ashuiren

Answer by ashuiren at 10:09 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• how far along are you?
    sguy1983

Answer by sguy1983 at 10:27 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I am an Esthetician and I did it with my first two pregnancies until the very last minute, but at the time that is what I only did and never shaved. It is fine as long as you can handle it. If you've been shaving all along and not waxed before I highly do not recommend it because of the pain factor and you don't know how you will react. This is my 3rd and 16 yrs later since my last pregnancy and have decided to just shave now because I barely have any hair left.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 10:55 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I wouldn't. I have my license too, and I will not do it on a client in that condition. It's too risky. There are so many skin changes during pregnancy, including the possibility of thinner skin, risking injury. In my professional opinion I would say no. A lot of places have signs posted out here.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:33 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It hurts more, but I continued to get them. Shaving gives me AWFUL ingrowns no matter how I do it, and I couldn't stand to be a hairy beast.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:36 AM on Sep. 8, 2010