Should Igive my notice now?

I'm moving to the mid-west in 3-4 weeks. For the past 3-5 months, my boss is rude to me, I ask questions and she gives me an attitude, treats me like I'm a moron. So, should I give my resignation notice? or just quit the day I move.

*I am not putting her down as a reference, and I've only been there 9-months*...And legally, she cannot say anything bad about me.

I'm thinking if I give my resignation notice, it'll give her an opportunity to treat me worse.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would just quit as soon as u can!!!! She sounds like a real pain in the backend!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:41 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Just walk out!!! go to lunch and never return!!!!!! don't go in at all or answer your phone!!!! I would do one of these!!!!
    dancer

• Although I know it's illeagal it has been known to happen that a previous employer tell a new employer things there not supposed to....but if I was in your situation I would just stick it to her. I don't even know if i'd be able to make it through the last few weeks.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:43 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I believe in never burning bridges, so I would give the standard two weeks notice. If she dislikes you that much, she may tell you to leave as soon as you turn in your notice anyway.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:44 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Careful - get another job before you quit. Things are tough out there - is it just you so is she rude to everyone she supervises?
    Marysmenagerie

Answer by Marysmenagerie at 9:44 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• you need to give your notice. It is the professional thing to do. If your boss is rude then kindle tell her you will be going home if she doesnt show some respect. If she continues to be rude then just go home. 2 wrongs dont make a right! You still need to do the right thing.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:45 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I would read the employee manual to find out how long in advance you are required to give your notice, so you do not lose any money for the time you already worked. If you just quit or wait until right before you move, you may not get paid for the days you already worked. Every job has a boss that sucks so just blow her off. You are leaving anyway. She probably could not care less what you do so I wouldn't waste my energy thinking about her or cutting my nose off to spite my face. Get your money, then leave.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:47 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• QUIT!!! Doesn't sound like she is a very good boss!
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 9:57 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• The professional thing to do is give your 2week notice, no matter how difficult that is to do. Just try to grin and bear it for a while longer. Karma will get her eventually...It always does!
    genuinelyblessd

Answer by genuinelyblessd at 11:16 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You should give your notice. Not only is it the perfessional thing to do, but you just up and quit with no notice, you're giving out the impression that you have a bad work ethic and only care about yourself. That may come back to haunt you later, you never know.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 7, 2010