As if it isn't enough that I just ended a 12 yr relationship now

I discover that my daughter is bulimic. I took her to the hospital and learned that this has been going on for about a year. I took her to the hospital and they suggested therapy and support groups. But now I'm worried of her emotional state she has been affected by what has happened in the family. I'm here trying to stay positive and find another job. I even started brainstorming on a business where I can so errands for those who are too busy to get their things done. I am praying and trying to keep positive but funds are running low my ex should at least pay this month's rent but I don't even dare ask. What do you suggest? I told him that I don't want to see him for awhile until I get my head together.

jenlesly

Asked by jenlesly at 9:44 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• wow I am sorry , they say when it rains it pours and it sounds like that is happening to you ...

I dont know anything about starting a buisness but good luck with it !
    AmericanaQueen

Answer by AmericanaQueen at 9:49 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I was bulimic for many many years. If you want to talk or have any questions you can pm me. It's a very tricky tough emotional illness. It's about control, it's mostly about emotions, not weight. She's trying to take control of something, anything because she obviously is having a hard time and feels out of control with everything in her life. Try to show her what can happen to her body if she continues it. Find pictures on the internet of teeth or something. I never thought I'd really develop any issues from it, when you're young you think it will take forever for things to happen and that you're kind of invincible, but now I'm 29 and the enamel on my teeth is kind of gone and and I have fillings in every tooth, one molar had to be pulled. Now that I'm not a kid anymore, I'm afraid of how they will be as I get older if they're already this bad. I've also developed other problems, I have rough pregnancies, my liver is touchy.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:53 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• what are you more afraid of? asking your ex to pay rent or living on the street? If you can't do it, you need to ask for help. Our children come before anything else.

And I don't want to sound mean, but that job idea you were talking about? People who need others to go and do errands for them already have those people...they're called personal assistants. I would suggest that you try to think up a more marketable idea.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:04 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• On tv yesterday they showed a website called www.fiverr.com. People list things they will do for $5.00. For that amount of money I'd order things for busy people online but wouldn't waste gas running errands for them but it's an idea to supplement what you have planned already.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:05 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I'm so sorry about what is happening to your family. I picked up on your idea of doing errands for others. I have seen some ads at www.care.com and www.sittercity.com for people needing help. At care.com you can look under "care gigs" . It's in one of the pull downs on the first page. You search by zipcode. Good luck with your daughter and family.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:05 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• ask your ex to pay the rent thats due, put an ad on craig's list for errand running and other needed task ( a friend and i got alot of housekeeping jobs that way) and if you can't afford were you live on your own look into income based or HUD housing in your area! There are some really nice income based apartments out there you just have to look at them all! I hope the for the best recovery for you and your family my prayers are with your daughter!
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 11:57 AM on Sep. 7, 2010