Stay at home work????

Does anyone know of any Stay at home work...or if its just all a scam...I would love to do that, I refuse to put my daugther in daycare and get an outside job just to pay for someone else to watch her, So thats out of the question! This is not a ? to give me advice about my childcare its about finding a SAHJ, cause I know a lot of you ladies will give me advice on how i'm lazy...Does anyone know of a SAHJ?

Princesaof1

Asked by Princesaof1 at 9:56 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Do you have a skill you can capitalize on to have an at home business? Like photography or sewing. I do alterations out of my home plus draperies, etc.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:58 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• No I don't..thats what makes it hard..
    Princesaof1

Comment by Princesaof1 (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• What I do is sell used children's clothes on website - Well I've just set it up and I'm hoping it works well... GL!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 10:03 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I have some new ideas posted in my Blog:  Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:05 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I watch a child or two in my house. It gives my child a play mate and I make some extra cash. I have and still do make things for others. But that never brings in much money at all. It pretty much pays for the materials.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Not exactly a sahj but you can takeyou lo along, bus driver. My dh is pushing me to do it. Just a thought if nothing else works.
    pixiefunk

Answer by pixiefunk at 10:07 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• A lot of what I see are scams. I just tried the eBay's "enter 100 items for free" deal. This is what I came up with:
    I sold 14 items out of 27
    Of the 14 I earned $146.98
    Paypal took $7.56 for "fees"
    eBay took $13.24 Final auction fees
    (Now if you look at it as the companies REALLY stand, eBay owns Paypal so eBay actually got $20.80)
    USPS mailing cost $61.80 (Paypal requires delivery confirmation or they will automatically refund the money to the buyer with no dispute) - so I made a HUGE mistake - mailing Priority BUT I don't have boxes, envelopes, etc. for an on-again-off-again eBay selling spree

Total eBay earnings $58.78 (divided by 14 = $4.20 per article of clothing sold)

Was it worth it? Sorta. I don't have the clothes anymore. Not sure about next time. I will probably try it again but have to figure out how to ship first class.
    bryncalyn

Answer by bryncalyn at 10:07 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I recently quit my job of 13 years because they would no longer allow me to work part time, and I am like you, I refused to put my kids in day care. You are NOT lazy!!!!! I have been thinking about the work from home, but like you am affraid it is scams. Good Luck!!!!!
    ttfntigger13

Answer by ttfntigger13 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I've been looking for a while, even a "cottage" position for local insurance company! But you have to work in house first! I have found a company I'm considering, My Thirty-One, in hopes to have some money to help out and still be home for my children. I hear of lots, but read carefully! There are lots of people out to get your money! GL
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I thought I'd also mention to you www.care.com and www.sittercity.com . They both have jobs other than childcare. Care.com has pet sitting jobs, housekeeping, and "care gigs" which can be just about anything. They are in a pull down at the top of the page if you check it out. You search by zipcode. You never know what might be there that would be a fit. Good Luck.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:02 PM on Sep. 8, 2010