Tubal Ligation Question adult content

I just had my tubes tied 2 months ago and I get a period so heavy I have to wear a depends. Has this happened to others and if it has did it slow down any?

JrSmOm2005

Asked by JrSmOm2005 at 9:56 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry, I don't know. But I bumped for you. I suggest you call the doctor that did the ligation.
    ciejsgirl

Answer by ciejsgirl at 10:11 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I've always had a heavy flow (light for me is a day when I can use a super+ tampon).

After my tubal I flowed insanely heavy, to the brink of hemorrhage. Its take close to 3 years for my cycles to lighten up a bit- but even at that I'll go through Ultras in less than 90 minutes for the first 36 hours or so.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:13 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• you just had a baby not that long ago. with some girls your period is more heavy then what is was before you had a baby, its ok. it happen to me when i got my done. nothing bad.
    sguy1983

Answer by sguy1983 at 10:30 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Same thing happened to me . It's been two years and getting a little better.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Really heavy periods are a common side effect from tubal ligations. When I was having similar issues with my IUD a few years ago, my doc gave me a scrip for the low-dose birth control minipill to lighten my cycles and get them back on a cycle. She said that several of her IUD and tubal patients had sucess with dealing with the heavy flow period side effect by doing 2-6 cycles on a minipill. Talk to your doc about it. I (knock on wood) have not been having this problem since my tubal but I did go through it with my old birth control.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:11 PM on Sep. 7, 2010