is there a such thing as breatheable blankets?

Like if the baby put it over their face they can still breathe through it? Someone told me there was but I never heard about it before.

MelSwim7

Asked by MelSwim7 at 10:08 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• could you mean breathable bumpers for the crib?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Never heard of it. I'd just rather use no blankets and be safe.
    ciejsgirl

Answer by ciejsgirl at 10:12 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• No they said brearheable blankets I'm 100% certain
    MelSwim7

Comment by MelSwim7 (original poster) at 10:15 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• The woven cotton blankets are breathable, you know the ones with a weave and you yank on them and they have tiny woven squares you can see through
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 10:19 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Any blanket is breathable in a sense, but the lighter woven blankets are more so then others.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:20 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I think maybe you are worried about a blanket to cover your Sweet One while you are outside going in or out, am I right? I have two that I feel OK using for that purpose, They are made by Carter's and they are knitted, they look like something that could have been made by Grandma only thinner and less loose fuzzies to tickle little noses. I used them this summer for sunscreening and I think they will be good this winter to keep her lil face warmer than bare and let her breathe as well.

on the other hand if you are talking about inside, long term use, I would have to question the necessity of the blanket, the age of the child, etc.
    MilkingMomma

Answer by MilkingMomma at 10:32 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If I put a blanket over the babies face, I use a knit blanket. I have a couple of those. Also, I have a car seat cover that will keep baby safe and warm in the winter.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:47 AM on Sep. 7, 2010