Do you notice when someone disagrees with you, but they don't have a good argument that they..

pick something completely unrelated (ie something in your profile, your pic (if you have one) or something in how you type/talk) to make fun of?

Thats one of the reasons I leave all my personal info very vague (if any). That way people like that have no ammo to try an insult me. Better yet is when the info you provide is bogus (location, etc) and they look like fools cuz what they are insulting isn't actually "you", they are insulting your bogus info, hence no offense received.

(example) say your from the Seattle and they wanna insult you, so they make fun of the only thing they can see, which is your being from Seattle. In reality your really from NYC, but they don't know that and just look like idiots.

But if they disagree and don't have a good argument, why must they feel compelled to do that? It doesn't support their argument. In fact, in implies I made a really good point.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 10:12 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in About CafeMom

• LOL yes, it is how I know I've won the argument. I will usually end it there and let them know that their lack of ability to stay on topic shows they arent a worthy adversary to debate.
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 10:59 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• They are trying to save face by finding something that they feel you should feel embarrassed about. I agree, pretty foolish.

Answer by Bmat at 10:15 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You really seem to care too much about what people say. This is at least one of two questions you have trying to make it seem like you don't care. You start a lot of drama questions and give rude answers. That's why people act like towards you. Not that it's right, but that's just what happens.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 10:16 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• haha..my goodness, did someone piss you off this morning, op? its just the internet..sticks and stones. i feel your frustration, though..at one time my sn was 'thehairnazi' (a play on seinfeld's soupnazi, and because i'm a cosmet.), and a few times, when someone didn't like what i posted, the made comments about me being anti-semetic. ...wtheck?? i just laughed it off as stupidity.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:17 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I do notice they resort to personal attacks. It doesn't bother me that's what the "report answer" button is for. It's kind of amusing really. As to WHY they do it I guess because they don't want to admit they could be wrong. Or because they need to feel superior to you.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:17 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Picking something random out and insult it isn't nearly as bad as them trying to hold up an argument with an invalid point. Something they won't let go of even if they're proven wrong. That is annoying.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:19 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• yes..when i had my actual picture as my avatar i got insults left and right..now that i have my guinea pig..i almost never get them. I've even noticed the 2 people that was targeting me the most don't even seem to notice i exsist anymore
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:20 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• This section serves as stress relief for many people, which is ridiculous but it is what it is.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:19 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• They are pulling at straws. I fired a nanny one time and after I told her why, she tried to change the subject by putting down my kids, and accusing my husband of checking her out(so stupid I didn't even ask my hubby) to change the subject. So it happens in real life too.

I love it when someone can't find anything else to get you on so they attack your spelling or something trivial like that, totally off theh point.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:19 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i got mad at an ex friend not too long ago, he went out with my sister and jumped to her request when he told me no he cant go out with us. on top of that...he wanted to do a playdate with her and told me no when i invited him out, well im not going to invite you out her for a playdate and invite you out at all when you say no once but anyway...all he could come up with is...'ill get back to you later, my children are sick." NEVER heard from him again. go figure.

even on top of that....he told me that i needed acceptace from pple and if you know me enough, you know i dont. he was just making up crap
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:28 AM on Sep. 7, 2010