cradle cap

How can I get cradle cap to go away for good?

MelSwim7

Asked by MelSwim7 at 10:17 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when you find out, let me know my dd is 22 months old and still has cradle cap. although it is slowly going away
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 10:19 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Put baby oil or olive oil in their hair, let it set for 15 minutes, and then take a baby comb and brush it out.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 10:20 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• What mommom2000 said. Also if that does not help. I was told to use head and shoulders. I did that with my first. We could not get rid of it. So I held her so she was laying and hubby used just bit and washed it. Within two uses it was all gone. Good luck!
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:23 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• baby oil and a good baby comb.....oil the head and massage it in and use the comb to comb away the crusty stuff it will be messy and may take a few try's but it works.
    and for toddlers use Sebulux shampoo, lather up and let sit for 5 minutes on the scalp rinse and repeat every other day combing out the crust from the scalp down each time
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 10:23 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My son had it and the doctor said to use mineral oil, it worked great !
    Honeybunny1

Answer by Honeybunny1 at 10:24 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Ask the pharmisist for Johnson and Johnson Meted Shampoo...spelled just like that Meted...it was recomended to me by our ped and it worked great. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:54 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• olive oil and coconut oil work better than any synthetic
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:25 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• With my daughter I just put baby shampoo in her hair and scrubed it with a soft toothbrush. So far it seemed to work. My daughter just had a small patch so it may take a few times if yours has more.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 12:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I was told at a parenting class to NEVER put oil or anything like that on it!!! You just use the regular baby shampoo and use a soft bristled brush on the area to make sure the soap doesnt stick to the scalp and rinse it really well
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i agree with the olive oil or coconut oil. massage it in and use a fine tooth comb to "comb" the pieces out. you have to wawsh the oil out afterwards. if you are nursing, you can put some breast milk on after the treatment in case any areas are red or sore.

kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2010