??? sharp pain ???

sometimes when i move or sleep or cough or sneeze i get this sharp pain in my ab area, well used to be lol. like someone stabbing me with 9234875498 knives. is this bad. im 10 weeks preg and i was just wondering what this may be or if its bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I am 16 weeks and me and the baby are doing fine, and I get the same thing whenever I move to fast or sneeze, cough. I end up holding my lower belly!!!! :) I believe it is the uterus stretching.
    Zoeybug

Answer by Zoeybug at 10:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I'm pretty sure it's normal. I'm 17 weeks preg and I got stabbing pains as well. Maybe not 9234875498 of them, lol. :) This is my second pregnancy but I can't remember if I got them with my son or not. I was a little freaked out at first, but I read a post in my due in march group and others experienced it too.
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Yup, it's the uterus stretching. They have these belt-type things that you can wear that will help with this!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• hmmm....u should speak 2 ur doctor about it...I had a bad pain like dis after I turned 5 months pregnant although my pain was directly in my cervix!!...the pain was just as u described it and it turned out i was walking around and working with a dialated cervix...i dont think this is the case with u but get it checked out cuz u shouldn't be having any sharp pains!! Hope u feel better!! and try resting!! Best of luck!!
    JulieFrancesca

Answer by JulieFrancesca at 10:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I felt sharp pains and it worried me, I talked to my dr and thankfully it was ok. You should talk to your dr too. There's no shame in taking precautions! Also is it your first pregnancy? I only felt it in my 3rd. Apparently that's why.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:03 AM on Oct. 14, 2008