How can I get my husband to stop buying red meat??

I tell him,once in a while is fine like once a month!!! He buys it every week!!!! I don't want my kid eating that crap!!!!! He is so arguementative!!!! But I have to work the afternoon shift which leaves my hubby free to cook the bad stuff!!!! If I cook something ahead of time It won't get eaten!!!! help!!! What do I do???? Medical studies have found that too much red meat contributes to cancer of the prostate!!!!

dancer

Asked by dancer at 10:32 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Health

• well I would be upset if my kids were being fed red meat like this. Has he ever tried bison? I work 3 12's and this was a talk we had because their dad loves red meat. But he usually makes them baked chicken one night and something simple another. SOmetimes though he takes them out to much so I remind him to limit this.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You do nothing..it is what HE wants to eat ;)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:33 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• when my dad had issues with his heart and health the doctors told him to lay off the salt
    (he used to drown evrything in salt) he would tell us if he can't eat what he wants then it's not worth living!

honestly, I feel like variety is the spice of life, and no offense- but so many things cause cancer that if you worry about it too much, then fear is running your life. I understand not eating it every day or in giant amounts but there are a lot of other things in life to worry about
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:39 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You are worried about cancer of the prostate and your child. That is an old man's disease and by the time he is an old man they will have a cure.

What's good about eating a variety of meats is that each type of meat has different B vitamins that are hard to get from eating other foods. Taking vitamins is not as good as getting them from foods. The current thinking is that a diet with meat may be more healthy than vegitarian. It's fine to eat red meat several times a week. The key is what red meat you eat. Hamburger is the worst. It's best if you can find a natural foods store and get meat that is antibiotic and hormone free. We eat only the best cuts of beef and also bison or buffalo. We love buffalo chili and tacos. I can't eat hamburger, it grosses me out.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:40 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It's his child too. You will have to work harder to compromise. He obviously doesn't like what you choose to eat. GL
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:37 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I didn't eat red meat for 3 years- it made ZERO difference in my health or lab values. Everything in moderation.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:40 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You can't stop him, and you shouldn't force him into only eating what you want him to. Since it seems very important to you, you should discus it with him and explain to him why you don't want your child eating it so he at least understands where you are coming from. You might be able to compromise with him like he can get red meat, but he will choose lean steak instead of fatty hamburger, or ground chuck instead ( which is much leaner )of ground beef.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:42 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I would do nothing...but why don't you prepare a mean ahead of time for the kids so all he has to do is warm it up for them
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 10:42 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• What ryanlyn said. It is his choice what he wants to make.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:35 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Then don't feed it to your kids. Let DH have his goodies and thats that. Only he eats them. Case solved :)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:35 AM on Sep. 7, 2010