early riser

Dear moms,

My 13 month old has recntly started waking way too early...between 4:30 and 5 am...taking her first nap of the day by 8 am! I know like with many things, this will probably be a passing phase but it really stinks! Babies do such weird things! She has an early bedtime, between 6 and 7 pm each night, depending on if she took an afternoon nap or not and how long it was. Are there any tricks to getting her to sleep longer in the morning or do I need to just wait this one out? In the past, when she was a younger baby, I could just nurse her in bed with me and get a good hour or more, but now that she's walking/teething, she just wants to be up and active. I was thinking that next time it happens, I should just go in and pat her back and tell her it's still "sleepy time" and then walk out...the same strategy I use during her wakings at night.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yep, just tell her it's not time to get up yet. she doesn't have to go back to sleep but she cannot get up.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• THat is a super early bedtime ( IMO) my son is 15 months and goes to bed at 8-9 and sleeps until usually 8-9 am but he also gets up and wants to be super active lol toddlers
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:55 AM on Sep. 7, 2010