can you get pregnant 3 days after your period

i just got off my period 3 days ago and just right now we just finish having sex. could i get pregnant even tho its been 3 days after

2008mom0209

Asked by 2008mom0209 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Most likely not, but a lot of people ovulate at different times, so anything is possible. I am ovulating on the 13th day of my cycle this month.
    Sims8386

Answer by Sims8386 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• It is possible to get pregnant any time you have sex. I am pretty sure that I got pregnant with my last child on the last day of my period. That is the only time I remember having sex during that month. However, for the most part it depends on the length of your cycle, which would determine the most likely time you would ovulate. 

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• It depends on two factors: When did you ovulate this cycle? Was there viable sperm present to fertilize the egg? In the right conditions sperm can live for up to five days. You can have sex on Monday and get pregnant on Friday. If you ovulate early in your cycle and the sperm can hold out long enough then yes it is possible. Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Whether you are tyring to concieve or prevent it is a valuable resource.
    Anonymous