Cockroach living in my microwave door!

Okay, this is gross. There is a cockroach that seems to like to hang out in our microwave door. It is absolutely repulsive and I can not bring myself to eat anything that we cook in the microwave since I saw him lurking. DH calls him Herby…he has such a sense of humor hence why I married him. I have put traps out, cleaned the microwave with bleach and even tried to dismantle the door to clean it out with no luck. These suckers are resilient! Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Home & Garden

• i took my microwave outside and let it sit there for an hour or so, that might help but those things are so hard to get rid of and are attracted to electrical things. i'd just buy a new microwave.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 11:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Call an exterminator, where there is one there are lots more. You can buy the store products but there is no guarantee. With a good exterminator there is. Good luck
    meme4x

Answer by meme4x at 1:21 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I would throw it away,i had that problem one from a friend and there was one in the door,where there is one there are tons
    proudgma40

Answer by proudgma40 at 9:47 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Bye bye microwave...where there is one there are a thousand more! I would bomb my house!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I rented my home out for a year and when I took it back over it was infested with cockroaches. First I used Pine Sol...full strength...kills them on contact. But since there was so many I put Boric Acid ...powder form... every where. They were gone in a month!
    naturescape

Answer by naturescape at 11:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• unfortunately you have to get rid of the microwave. the only thing other i can suggest is like storing it outside for the winter, maybe in an outdoor shed where the weather is so cold they would leave it to find better place. i had neighbors who seemed to have spread their roach problem all throughout our neighborhood. i had t get rid of all my small appliances. have the house treated. and whatever you do , dont step on them. by stepping on them you can get their eggs on the bottom of your shoe which you will then transport wherever you are walking........ eeeww. good luck syonara herby!
    devonsmom

Answer by devonsmom at 2:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2008