How we can STOP him to take his diaper off?

well my baby will be 2 in Aug.31 He still taking off his diaper, every clothes he take it away i dont know how he learn to take off everything,we had tryied to put the diaper backwards BUT! this guy already found how to take it off.. the worse thing is that he start to play with his poo poo leaving a mess in the crib.. i dont want to start potty training because he doesnt talk alot lol ..Any advise?

Asked by kiUmY at 11:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, it sounds like he's ready to start potty training! But to answer your question, duct tape! I have heard this from many professionals! Just make sure it doesn't touch the skin - very important. And change very often, being very careful when you take the tape off. It's really best to use it only at night and at nap time. Good luck!

Answer by newmommie at 11:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I would say to try pull ups that dont have easy open sides. That way its harder for him to just unfasten them.

Answer by faerymommie at 11:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Well, I think it sounds like he might be ready to start potty training. Talking has nothing to do with it, but who knows, he might surprise you and start doing both. good luck!

Answer by amoremio at 11:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Two words:

Duct tape.

Answer by cleverusername at 12:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Duct tape I had to do that to my nephew!!!

Answer by jasiramommy at 1:02 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• OMG my 3 yr old son is doing this too. I feel for ya. I really do.

Answer by kaysha at 1:40 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• You must start potty training him - that means he's ready. Doesnt matter if he's talking. Since you dont work it should be really easy for you - but my advise is to skip the pull-ups - use the cloth training pants - I trained my second daughter in ONE DAY! We went through a lot of clothes that day but by the second day she basically had it! (and I know that Khalil is smart just like his mommy ;-)

Answer by supawoman at 6:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My son went through the same thing at that age. I kept him in a onsie so that he could not get to the diaper. If that doesn't work and you don't want to potty train, then tape may be your answer lol

Answer by scrapbug at 7:07 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I bought Cadence one of those little potty chairs when she was taking her diaper off. She loved going in the potty. It is definitely a process though. Sometimes she will use the potty most of the day, other days she has no interest in it at all. But it doesn't hurt to try, and if he doesn't want to use it just put it away until he is ready. LoL. I am hoping she will potty train by the end of the summer so I am not changing 2 kids diapers once this October baby comes! lol

Answer by HeatherMQ at 7:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I don't know that I would put duct tape on my child! lol That is probably an effective idea though! But my mother-in-law gave me a great idea - PUT THE DIAPER ON BACKWARDS! :) It might be kinda hard to manage getting it on.. but supposibly they can't take it off so easy, if at all! And keeping a onesis on them is another thing I used to do, that way they can't get to it!

Answer by BeckNAiden at 9:09 AM on Jun. 19, 2008