When should a toddler go to bed in your opinion?

My son is 15 months and goes to bed between 8-9... I know it's late to some people but it works for our family...

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mine went when I went. He slept with me. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:58 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• What ever works for your family. Ours girls go to bed at 8pm on week nights and then 9-9:30 on the weekends(Fri and Sat). Some night we let them stay up till they want to go to bed on weekends(fri and Sat).
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:59 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• when they are sleepy
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:02 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• We have friends who have always put their daughter to bed at 8. They were always home by then to put her to bed. She has never given them a second of trouble at bedtime. She is 3 1/2 now and they are just now loosening up for family gatherings etc. I think between 8-8:30 is great for most kids. Some kids sleep more than others so if he seems ok with it then why worry what others say?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:02 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Oh i'm not worrying, I just like to hear when others put there kids to bed
    June_Mama09

Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• DD goes to bed between 9:30 and 10 most nights unless she has had a long day or a really short nap (her naps are about two hours long generally and later in the day)
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:09 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I put my boys to bed at 10 (18 mo. and 5 mo.) and I go to bed at 11 or 12. That is super late to most people but I am NOT a morning person and they sleep til 9 or 10 in the morning. I agree whatever works for your family. When they are school aged I will probably have a 7:30 bed time for them.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:13 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• What ever works best for you and your family as long as baby is getting the sleep he needs. My daugther is 15 months and she goes to bed at 9. She takes a 3 hour nap during the day and this way I can spend time with her when I get home from work. There is no set bedtime at this age just a recommended amount of sleep per day.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 4:08 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• my 2 year old goes to bed around 11
    Tbrown33317

Answer by Tbrown33317 at 9:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2010