how to potty train a girl

potty trainnin my 1 yr old daughter and everytime i put her on the potty she crys but wen she not on it she's playin on it i need help bad

loveonly

Asked by loveonly at 10:59 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Then she is not ready to potty train. you need to watch for signs for her to be ready. Can tell you that she is wet or poopy. She can go for hours without being wet. That she is interested in the potty. If she is scared of it. It will not work.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:01 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• ask your parents what they did with you and try that
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:02 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• What's the rush? I waited until my daughter was 3. She was completely trained that same day. You should at least wait until she is 2.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:03 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It does sound like she isn't ready yet. DD was ready early at 18 months; she "told" Daddy she wanted to sit on the potty- had he sat her on there instead of coming to tell me about it, she would have gone on the potty, as it was she peed on my leg lol. She needs to be more than just interested- like PP said, she needs to be able to communicate that she is either dirty/wet or needs to sit on the potty, and go at least two hours without getting wet if she has to. To start, you can let her follow you when you use the bathroom, and when she starts showing more interest you can get her a small potty seat to sit on while you are in there, so she gets used to the idea of using a potty. Also, if you don't have a potty ring or seat, she may not like sitting on the big adult size seat- DD hates sitting on a toilet without a potty ring on it, and tends to fuss and want down even though she knows she has to go. It just isn't comfy :)
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:07 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It sounds like she is too young. I didn't really start until my daughter was 2 and even then I didn't force this issue. She was potty trained 3 months before her 3rd birthday. Just be patient and she will let you know when she is ready.
    bbchic

Answer by bbchic at 11:17 AM on Sep. 7, 2010