Should it be classified a miracle?

WARSAW, Poland – The promoter in the case of Pope John Paul II's sainthood says doctors are still analyzing a supposed miracle attributed to him in which a French nun was allegedly cured from Parkinson's disease by praying to the late pope.

The Rev. Slawomir Oder said Tuesday that special care is being applied to the analysis to preclude any possible future doubts. A confirmed miracle is a condition for sainthood.

There have been reports that some of the doctors are not sure if the nun suffered from Parkinson's — the illness that also afflicted John Paul — or if she was wrongly diagnosed.

Pope Benedict XVI put John Paul on the fast-track for possible sainthood weeks after his 2005 death by waiving the customary five-year waiting period.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:10 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No it shouldn't. Most things in catholic church take literally 100s of years to be proven which completely disproves any evidence since it's all gone by then... But not to rant... No I don't believe there's enough evidence even if she was cured. It didn't have to have been the pope as he didn't try to cure her etc...

Also I don't agree with her praying to him and not to God, surely that defeats the object of catholicism, I know that the Pope is meant to be able to interpret God's will as such but praying to him is false idols surely?
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 11:14 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Things like this get on my nerves! You pray to God and Jesus Christ not to a human, I think its pure coincidence and no, I wouldn't consider it a miracle.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 11:17 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Also I don't agree with her praying to him and not to God, surely that defeats the object of catholicism, I know that the Pope is meant to be able to interpret God's will as such but praying to him is false idols surely?
    ---------
    As I understand things, this is precisely what Catholicism is about, that people are so far below God that we cannot speak directly to God, which is why Catholics use priests and saints to intercede for them.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I think I will let the Catholic  Church decide, it is a little above my pay grade. I did hear that you sweet was next in line for sainthood. Just what I heard, I don't know though.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Like I need the Catholics to tell me how AWESOME I am

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2010