At what week can i get membrains striped?

i just wanted to know i can see if it will help this time lol they did it 2 times the last time i do not remember when thow.. so when do they do it

tandie1977

Asked by tandie1977 at 11:16 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My doctor wouldn't do it until 39 weeks and only if there was need for it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i think i got mine does about a week or 2 before my due date.
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 11:19 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• done (not does) lol
    SunShineMoMM

• I don't recommend it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:24 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Usually they will do it after week 38. Be careful though. My care provider did it to me without my consent and it caused my water to break prematurely and my labor didn't start for 2 days. It can also cause infection and isn't really that effective.
    CrnchyMamaCraig

Answer by CrnchyMamaCraig at 11:26 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• thank you for all yall addvice i prob will pass on it if it would cause prob
    tandie1977

Comment by tandie1977 (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I dont recommend it either. I have seen friends do it and its painful and broker thier water as well when thier bodies werent ready for labor.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:41 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i had it done at 37 weeks and I was fine. It was uncomfortable but didnt hurt. My water never broke prematurley but I did lose my mucus plug as soon as I got home. I went into labor naturally a week later
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 12:16 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• the is dangerous anyways and shouldnt be done. it can cause rupture of membranes, infections, and wont even help you go into labor if your body and baby isnt ready yet!!
    Just relax and wait for your baby to be ready for birth, you wont be pregnant forever.
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 1:08 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• What is this? I think my dr did this to me twice, but not sure what it is. He didn't tell me what he was doing and didn't ask, he just did it....
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2010