Food suggestions for an 11 month old?

My 11 month old isn't as interested in baby food. Any suggestions for finger foods that she can eat? So far she loves banana, bread, cheerios, yogurt, eggs, and potato.

babyjakesmama

Asked by babyjakesmama at 11:20 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Anything you can eat, she can too. I only suggest skimping on spicy, sugary or bad fat foods.

Try avocado, sweet potato(baked and chunked)...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:24 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I agree with "BradenisMySon". She can eat anything you can eat as long as it is cut up small enough that she won't choke or is soft enough for her to chew. My second daughter started table food at 9 months and she REFUSED to even TOUCH baby food after that, so I had no choice but to give her meals. She had whatever we had. I just made sure it was easy enough for her to eat. :) Good luck.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:28 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Logan went nutty for Avocado! Seriously I would just sit there with a spoon and a half an avocado and he's eat the whole thing! I would make little fruit "slushies" with mashed fruit in ice cube trays, let it almost freeze and then feed with a spoon... also cooked baby carrots, pieces of tomato, peaches, mozzarella, flaked baked white fish with a little lemon juice and olive oil, easy to pick up and eat! cut up pickles, ramen noodle pieces... I learned the more varied all the foods you get them to eat young the less picky they turn out to be! But maybe that's just my son- he has no food dislikes now, will eat anything and everything. Have fun, food is such an exploration for them at that stage! :)
    CinnamonScallop

Answer by CinnamonScallop at 11:53 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Anything you eat, chopped up really well or cooked extra soft. My kids were eating the same meals as the family at 11 months, with few exceptions. They loved soups (homemade veggie, chicken, etc, with little broth and crushed saltines stirred into soak up what was left).
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2010