"My tax money" Blah Blah Blah

Do you even get tired of hearing people complain about what other people get because they "pay all these taxes to feed/clothe or pay medical for other peoples kids"?

NOBODY is paying that much in taxes that YOU personally are paying for these things. & if you are paying that much, then chances are you make so much that you aren't really missing it. If you have a problem with how your tax dollars are spent, wouldn't you do better to take it up with the government not bitch about Jane Doe because she's using her EBT card to buy Dr. Pepper? Juuuust saying. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's funnier to me when the people complain and then get refunds bigger than what they put into taxes in the first place. Social services are insignificant compared to other ways the government is wasting money.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Abuse of the system is what stems this attitude I think. Sadly this ruins it for those truly in need. Welfare is there for short term help when needed...it was not intended as a lifestyle for multiple gernerations. It is true only cents of taxes go to poverty programs. I was raised to help when and where needed if possible. I do not think it is my place to tell a food stamp reciepient that he/she cannot have a Dr. Pepper etc. I am not that rude and or power drunk. I would not be opposed to drug testing in order to get welfare. I mean a lot of employers make that manditory in order for employment. The people I know on assistance work...so they are paying taxes too. I think there are many bored self righteous people out there who really need a hobby rather than to spend time dictating what shoud be bought at the store with "their tax money"
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:40 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Well I don't care what you spend "my tax money" on (the little bitty percent that goes into public aid)- I hope you spend it on something good-- like a treat for you and the kids. (said with humor, not meaning to put anyone down)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Hahahahah................the "OH MY TAX MONEY" posts are so very annoying. It's always the same people too.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I like that, honestly, we cant complain, we are military, we get like 10, 000 back in taxes, and we have free housing, and utilities and insurance, and we get foodstamps, and guess what, my hubby works for the government that gives it to us, so people can shut up!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It does get annoying lol..I couldn't care less what my taxes are spent on. Its not like the government calls me every 2 weeks to ask what I'd like them to spend my money on.
    And if they did, I would be happy to help a needy family feed and take care of their child with that money :)
    my_monkey_baby

Answer by my_monkey_baby at 1:01 PM on Sep. 7, 2010