at what age did you move your LO from your room to their own? ex: co-sleeping to crib or bassinett to crib

did they grow out of their bassinet? did they start sleeping longer? what made you do it and how did you decide when to do it?

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 2 months I move their small crib across the room, 4 months I move them into their big crib but still allow them to sleep in my bed if they're really fussy, 6 months I will sacrifice all kinds of sleep to make sure that they stay in their own crib. It seems labor intensive but each little tiny transition only takes a few days to get used to for botth me and baby and this is how I am comfortable doing things.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 1:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• started off with their own room, it was only 10 feet away
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:43 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• At one year. My second didn't sleep through the night until about 13 months so that's when she moved to her own room.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:43 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I did it a t 6 weeks with all 3 of my kids. I think that is a perfect time to get them use to their own room and crib. If you wait to long it gets harder.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• We are in the process of moving him into his room now and he is a little over 2 months old...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:44 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• With our first she slept in our room either out bed or bassinet till a year old. At six months we moved her to her bed. But with hubby working nights. I did find it easier to have her in our bed till a year old when she would wake up to breast feed. Then once he started to work days. She went to her own room. With our second she slept in our bed or bassinet till 6 months. Then her room or our bed. Once she was in a toddler bed. She was in our room more. We put blankets on the floor beside my side. About a month ago. We decide it was time for her to sleep in her bed and that is where she has been since then. We explained that only sleeping in our room if when she is sick, a scary storm or scared.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I meant to say yes they slept longer, because they didn't hear us and we didn't want to get them at every sound.
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• in his own room in a crib from the day he came home
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:49 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I took my daughter out of her bassinet when she grew out of it..and she did very well as far as getting used to her crib...she was 3 months old when she got put in her crib...She loved it!
    KaylynnsMommie2

Answer by KaylynnsMommie2 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• We are transitioning our kids in to their own room / bed now. They are 3 & 4 years.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2010