Can you sneak back in the house after an eviction?

by leaving windows unlocked (but closed), or leaving a back/side door unlocked?

do they only padlock the main front door?

in case you left anything behind you want to retrieve or do they let you get it?

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 11:42 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well you probably could but I think it would be called breaking and entering if you got caught and it would be stealling because anything left behind after eviction becomes property of the owner of the house
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I have no clue. Isn't that a bit illegal anyway?
    countryspun

Answer by countryspun at 11:43 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I think it would be considered breaking and entering by that point. I don't own anything worth going to jail over that I wouldn't take with me in the first place.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You'll need to get it all out at once. If you sneak back in its tresspassing and you could get arrested.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Why don't you just call the landlord like a normal person and have them let you in!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• idk..but if i thought i had left something important i would probably try if i knew my stuff was still in there
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I'm sure it is, thats why they padlock the door. But do they only padlock the front door or do they lock up the whole house? People aren't always very thorough about things. My friend had gotten evicted, walked around the back and simply walked thru his old backyard door and started getting the remainder of his stuff out before anyone was the wiser to it.

The owner never figured out how he got the rest of his stuff without breaking the front door padlock. Is that normal?
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I think that if you got evicted, then you desreve what you got, so grow up, and follow the law, and maybe you wouldnt be in this situation! Gosh, some people!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:54 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• guessing you mean "YOU" in the general sense, cuz I wasn't evicted.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Sep. 13, 2010