How do I get my son to stop throwing things?

anything and everything he has in his hands he throws it. I tell him no and he just smiles at me help.

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Let him throw it, then take it away. He will eventually learn that if he throws things, he doesn't get them back. Good luck!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:45 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Every time he throws something, take it away. Put these things in a box up on one of your closet shelves or in some other place he can't get at them. Pretty soon, he'll either be out of things to throw or he'll stop throwing things. As he learns to play nicely, give him toys back one at a time. But if they get thrown again, take them again.
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 11:46 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Take the toys away and tell him only big boys who behave get their tpys back
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Last time I got hit with something she threw I asked her if she would like me to throw it at her, she said no, hasn't thrown something since.
    Irenesmommy

Answer by Irenesmommy at 6:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• well when my son was younger probly round 1 or so i would lightly smack his hand and say no dont throw that now that he is bigger i take it away from him and tell him if he wants it back he cant throw it in the house
    Teather7705

Answer by Teather7705 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2010