what color should i dye my hair?

im getting visible grey hairs in the front so im going to color my hair...naturally, it is a dark brown and my eyebrows are a little darker, almost black. im going to get a box job at the grocery store...do you have a color or brand that you use and love?

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• You can use Clairol Nice and Easy if you want the color to stay the same and just take the gray out. I like the L'Oreal Feria, which blends 3 tones of colors into your hair.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 1:49 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I've never dyed my hair fully, but since your eyebrows are already darker than your hair, you probably couldn't pull off a lighter color unless you dyed them as well. I hope you find something that works for you. You could try one of those hair dyes that only last 10 days and tried out a new color first to see in you liked it before you made it permant
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 11:49 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Try Nice and Easy in a dark neutral brown. It will either say neutral on the box,or will just say dark brown

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:52 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• PURPLE!
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 12:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I won't recommend a box brand that will use a 20 volume developer where you only need a 10 volume for what would be the most likely shades to go with, thus causing over processing.. at best.

Seek a stylist, they will recommend a color to compliment your skin tone and eye color and use the proper products so you don't walk out with straw like hair, or looking like a calico cat.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Light brown by Clairol
    LeannasMom409

Answer by LeannasMom409 at 10:07 AM on Sep. 8, 2010