Weight loss pills and Celexa?

I was just wondering if anyone has taken weight loss pills while on Celexa. I plan to ask my doctor tomorrow, but has anyone used one that worked and allowed the Celexa to work, too? I gain weight when stressed, and am almost 45 pounds OVER my BMI, so needing to 'lose a few' doesn't begin to explain where I am at. I had bought green tea pills about 4 days before I was put on the Celexa, and now I don't know if it is safe to take anything at all. In your experience, what worked best as a supplement alongside dieting/exercise?

OmbreGracieuse

Asked by OmbreGracieuse at 11:49 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I would talk to your doctor about taking any weight loss pills while on Celexa. I know that I did lose weight when I walked 4 miles per day. I'm like you in a sense that I eat when I'm stressed. We need to break the habit.
    Ittgal

Answer by Ittgal at 9:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Any weight loss are bad for you. Please talk to your Dr. I'm a major stress eater as well, so I understand. But a quick fix diet pill will not help anything. It takes lifestyle changes to lose and maintain. Find a replacement for eating when your stressed; take a walk, chew gum or try yoga.
    muensters_ma

Answer by muensters_ma at 1:52 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i personally dont like weight loss pills, always wonder what they are actually doing inside
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2010