I've been feeling really depress and wanted to get back on track again with my kids?

i've been seeing a counselor and phyciatrist but i wouldn't take any meds. i've been thinking negative stuff about myself and my kids. i also have started working out almost 2 weeks and i've been really feeling good but every once in awhile i would get that moment.

proudnanayof3

Asked by proudnanayof3 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Health

• I'm sorry to hear that. I get that way if I stay too much in the house and don't really talk to people. For me it helped when i started to work from home. I would talk to other moms, so my mind was on the business more. Also I started to go to playgroups. That way my children would interact with other kids as well. Now it works great. Let me know if you need to talk.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 11:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• thats great your getting to exercise! i wish i could...but maybe thats just not enough for you...i hate the fact that drs are so readily to push meds on you but you may JUST need them to get that extra boost you desire.
    dont think your any less of a woman or mother if you have to take meds..im on xanax for my panic and anxiety attacks and life would be so different if i didnt have them
    make a list of what youve been feeling write it down on paper so you can see it right in front of you instead of your head take it to you therapist or family dr and see what they think..tell them you dont want anything strong at first but your mental health is just as important as your physical health for your children!
    setgirl

Answer by setgirl at 12:01 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• If you are doing all you can and still having bad moments then you should try something. When I was pregnant with my 3rd I had a VERY hard time and when I look back now I can't believe how I felt or reacted to things.
    My Dr suggested meds and I refused and went to see a therapist and she said that I should try something. I freaked, I was pregnant ! After her reassuring me of the benefits in comparison to what could happen if I went untreated I accepted the meds. Now I'm happy, the kids are happy and my husband is not afraid of my reactions to the silliest things anymore! lol
    It's a hard thing to take meds for sicknesses like depression, but keep in mind that it's not your fault, nothing you did or anything you could have done to prevent it, it's very likely just a chemical imbalance in your body and the meds can correct it.
    Hope you find the solution you can accept.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:31 AM on Oct. 14, 2008