Did you get your GED?

If you did, how old were you and why did you drop out of H.S?

I emacipated myself when I was 16 years old because I had to move out of my home due to family problems and I needed to work full time to be able to live.

I worked so much that I didn't have much time to study for the GED and then a couple of years later I moved up into the company and started to make real good money and completely forgot about it.... but now I am 23 and it's hangen over my head now that i'm a stay at home mother.
I feel stupid going to take the test since I am pobably going to be older than everyone else there,

anything to ease my mind?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• I graduated from high school.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 12:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I'm sure u won't be older then alot of them. Just do what u got to do and don't worry what people think.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I got a regular HS deploma, but I think it would be a good idea for you to get your GED, there is no reason to feel stupid about it, you should feel proud that you did that for yourself, even if you don't need it at the moment you will in the future if you want to work out of the house again, most places won't even consider hiring someone unless they at least have a GED. Even if you are the oldest one taking to test that day, it won't matter you'll probably never see any of the people there again anyway
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 12:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i have both, lol, my mother threw me out of the house when i was 15& my 21 yrl old sister started raising me, i kept dropping out of high school because i didnt have much parental control, so finally i went to a goverment program a few towns away from my home,took my ged test a few weeks b4 we got our test results i dropped out came back into town & started high school, now like 2 weeks b4 i graduated i decided to call the other school, turns out i had passed all sections of my ged test, but i had a rough life growing up.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 12:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• oh i was 16 when i got my ged but 20 when i graduated , so dnt feel bad.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Wow..some people graduated from high school and still can't answer a question with relavance.....if you know what I mean.

I have my GED. I studied very hard for it. It is a big test and you are required to know everything you would in highschool. I dropped out because my teen pregnancy was too much for me at the school at that time.

I went back at 24. I passed with flying colors. I'm so glad I did. Don't let anyone make you feel bad for not graduating high school. It doesn't make you stupid. Get your GED and open some new doors like college, etc. Funny fact...My friend gives me crap because I make more than her in three days than she does in a week!lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I had that option too, when I joined the army, but I wanted to get my degree and enjoy what was left of my "childhood" and freedom that was quickly coming to an end and have an excuse to hang out with my friends one last time and not have to work all day since. I was in no rush to face to harsh real world I knew was waiting for me. :)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i was 17 when i got mine. I dropped out of highschool because i was being bullied by a group of people..(death threats..almost stabbed on campus once) went to night school and one kid even followed me there...my grandma thought it was best for me to get my GED
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You know what? The only person that actually answered this question in the way it was asked was the ONE person who actually had to drop out of highschool and get her GED!

p.s ADRIANA.... If your answer was "I graduated high school" please re-read the question and re frain from answering.
    You highschool diploma is OBVIOUSLY showing
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 12:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I left when I was 17 and not cause I was pregnant or failing but cause i hated the drama.

I finish and got my diploma with https://www.continentalacademy.com/

i_am_ur_kittie

Answer by i_am_ur_kittie at 12:34 PM on Sep. 7, 2010