cying in her sleep?

My 9 month old has been crying in her sleep...she don't even open her eyes? Has this happen to anyone else?...I don't know what to do?

LindseysMom08

Asked by LindseysMom08 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she's fine she's just dreaming it's normal and she will grow out of it you don't need to do anything and there really isn't anything that you can do, atleast you know she's breathing.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 11:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My son does that sometimes. Sometimes he just needs to know Mommy is there. I just go into his room and rub his back for a minute until he quiets down. Sometimes he's dropped his binki and just needs me to find it.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 11:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My daughter used to do this. I used to just go in and rub her back and whisper in her ear to let her know that its okay and that you're right there. Ussually calms them in their sleep.
    Anonymous

• My son is 5 months old and does this; I think he is dreaming. Sometimes it is because he wants his pacifier, but other times he is already back to sleep by the time we get into the room.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• good ? i was wondering the same thing, my dd does that every once in awhile too.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 11:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i noticed that whenever my son has a stressful day where he gets in trouble for something big or if he had a rough time falling to sleep, he would cry or go through the same emotions during his sleep that he had gone through when he was awake. at times, he would even kick and scream and cry (which of course made me feel like crap) and then i would softly say his name and comfort him to let him know that everything is okay. oh, and le me add that he would also cry in his sleep when i would read him a disney story about a little elephant that got a spanking for running away from the herd, so of course we don't read that story anymore.
    prooouuudmommy

Answer by prooouuudmommy at 12:01 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My son is almost 9 months and has been doing this for a couple of months now. He's teething heavily, so I kind of wonder if his little gums are hurting him. I've noticed that on the nights that I give him some Motrin before bed, he seems to sleep better. There are SO MANY things it could be... I'm sure it's nothing serious, though. I just give my kiddo his pacifier back, cover him back up, and if that doesn't calm him down, I'll pick him up and hold him for a few seconds until he's all better. Good luck!!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 1:02 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• my newborn does this too, I think he is having nightmares about his grand debut via c-section lol
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 2:54 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My 7 week old son does it, too. Just a couple of wails and he's done. It's actually quite cute.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:23 AM on Oct. 14, 2008