Are you romantic? adult content

OK so I was just thinking to myself a couple of minutes ago.
Why is it that man maybe some woman two!!!!!
Just want to get to the point and have sex!!!!!! They don't kiss anymore or just feel on each other before making love?
See my husband and I have been together for almost 9 years and he isn't romantic at all. Anymore he just goes straight to the point and say let have sex!!!!
Wow and he expects me to want to have sex like that. I men come on get me in the mood lol.

So my question is how many of ya go threw this yourself!!
And what did you do to improve it?????

elisabellaguna

Asked by elisabellaguna at 12:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Let him know that you get turned on when he does things like brings flowers home for no reason, vacuums the house without you asking, leaves notes for you around the house, etc. Pick your poison. I think communicating to him what gets you in the mood is the way to do it. As his lady, he should hear that and take it to heart.

Also, you may want to try and do some things for him- write him a letter, surprise him with a little gift or his favorite meal. He may catch on if he sees you doing the same things.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My husnad and I use to be super romantic and take our time and make it super special but we have kids now and we kinda have to rush it, we do make out and stuff but the back massages and caressing no longer exist in our lives, we both understand so its not like we feel we're only using each other to screw, to us its still making love just a little faster then before. I make sure that instead of caressing him before sex I now do it during. We make sure it's passionate too even if it is for those 10 mins we have in peace.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• lol sounds like hubby and me i try to tell him i am like a car on a cold day you gotta warm me up before you can run me lol
    davecswife

Answer by davecswife at 12:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Years ago (like over 16) I went through a phase like that with my husband. Here's what I learned about myself, my husband, and our relationship during that phase.

I viewed/wanted and did specific things that I thought were romantic. And those were the things I was wanting in return.
    My husband viewed/wanted and did specific things that HE thought was romantic. And those were thing the things he was wanting in return.
    Problem was. We were totally miscommunicating what we each wanted, needed,interpreted and did in regards to romance. We were both doing things "WE" thought were romantic and were things we needed. But since our two views were different, I didn't "get it" when he was being romantic. And he didn't "Get it" when I was being romantic. We had to learn how/what we both viewed as romance/affection..etc.. Once we did that. There's been no stopping in the romance department for 16 years now .

Cont.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Both of our needs are now being met in this area.

It took learning to communicate better to reach this stage. It took learning about and understanding each other's views on romance (etc) and how individual needs and desires in this area.. I had to learn to romance/show romance to my husband in the manner in which he understands/views/percieves romantic. And vice-a-versa. I also had to learn and accept that if I wanted to be romanced in the manner in which I wanted.. I needed to romance my husband in the manner in which he wanted. That romancing and mood setting is not a one way street. That we BOTH have to do those things for one another in order to set a mood in our relationship overall. And that turned out to be far more important than just setting the mood for one sexual escapade. Having the mood set in our relationship as a whole, makes the mood setting for those individual sexual romps that much easier & more potent
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My dh is kind of romantic, but I understand what you mean about men expecting you to want to just like that, you when he tells you he wants to, you could try saying, I'm not in the mood, but I could get in the mood if you........................
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I try to keep things going before they get to this point, but you have been together longer than we have so probably easier said than done. Some things that help "spark" romance and sensuality for us are: 1) Board games or card games made for lovers (We have one called a Hot Affair with your partner) 2) Have a romantic dinner and wear something "sexy" under your regular clothes. Then invite him to "explore" after dinner 3) Let him know he is appreciated and write him a little note about what you would like for him to do with/to you. (don't forget to add that if he does what you want, you will do something extra for him, etc) Good luck! :) and have fun!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My hubby is a romantic at heart. But he can be lazy. Can't we all be sometimes? I used to complain about him not being affectionate with me. I finally realized that he does more things for me in other ways and I just focus on appreciating what he does do and not what he doesn't do. Works out better. He does one thing, however, that he used to not do and it is something that I abolutely love. He holds my hand everyday at least once a day. We may be watching tv, riding in the car, laying in bed at night. This is enough forplay for me and I am all his! Don't need much more!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 3:06 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• We've been together for over 13 yrs.At first,we made love alot and we also had quickies and sometimes just some plain ol raunchy sex.I loved all of it.Now,our love making ,quickies and the sex has slowed down.When he wants sex,You go into the controlling mode.He just might have to be taught how to make love.Tell him to take it slow and easy.Tell him what YOU want.If you haven't already,get some sex toys and surprise him with it.You'll be surprised how submissive men will become when they get a controlling sex partner.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 3:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• No I am not romantic. My husband gives me crap for not being romantic. Its so hard to please him because things I would think that get him in the mood doesn't. I have tried everything. Its hard to keep him happy.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 11:22 AM on Sep. 8, 2010