Did anyone else have trouble after a c-section with scar tissue?

I had one about 10 months ago and I went to the ER last night for BAD cramps right where the scar is. I have had them on and off for about 3 months and the past week I have had them every day. It was to the point where I was about to throw up. It even hurts to have sex. I learned I have to go to a Doctor and get a colonoscapy and if they dont find anything I have to get a camera put in my belly to see if my scar tissue has lesions on it. (to top off everything, I have no insurance so IDK what Im gonna do money wise.) I swear, as if I didnt have enough money problems throw this one in there too! lol Anyone else have this problem? what did they do?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 12:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Health

• Yep..I have adhesions so bad that when I went to get my tubes tied after my last c-section, only one tube could be visualized. It causes me a lot of discomfort around my period. I have two incisional hernias that I need repaired. In my case, 2 out of 3 of my c-sections needed to be reopened though so the scar tissue is going to be bad. Aside from the hernias getting repaired, there's not much that can be done because cutting into scar tissue is just going to lead to more scar tissue. At least that is what my OB/GYN and a General Surgeon once told me.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:02 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• you are probably getting adhesions. i had some slight ones between my second and third c-sections, but they removed them during my last c-section. they can do it laproscopically too. idk about the insurance issue.... you will have to work out something with the hospital and your ob/gyn
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010