Castor Oil experiment gone terribly wrong! adult content

So I was tired of being prgnant right, and I did the castor oil thing I mean Ive done everything else and I did it with my first kid and it worked then so I said hey let me try it again... But this time around when I did it... I had major cramping not in my uterus but everywhere else, I (TMI) pooped so much that I believed if I did not get off the toilet it would just keep going!! Before the poop was so much pain. Afterward I started cramping in my uterus really bad and then it just stopped. I guess my body wasn't ready...

So my question to everyone is... do you think my body just was not ready in the first place to go into labor?

I know one thing I wont be trying that one AGAIN!

AngelEyva

Asked by AngelEyva at 12:41 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if your body is not ready it will not go into labor be careful you could hurt yourself or the baby hun. i remember being so tired of all the pain with my second pregnancy they finally had to induce because i was 6 days over due but had been mieserble throughout the dr felt sorry for me.
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 12:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Yea, I took 2 teaspoons it didnt work and I threw the bottle away no way Id do it again or even suggest it to anyone. I was scared my baby was gonna poop inside of me so I took like a way little dose.
    AngelEyva

Comment by AngelEyva (original poster) at 12:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• if it was ready you would have went into labor more than likely on your own, i did castor oil on the advice of a medical professional bc i was late, granted my son had a stressful labor, cord was wrapped around him and my contractions were too hard for him he pooped and both his lungs colapsed bc he inhald it and were full of it at birth spent a week in nicu, and while some people say castor oil wont make a b, for the baby which makes sense to me bc it shouldnt or eles our laxatives and other pregnancy safe things would....but i always wonder if it helped w that problem...sorry i know that was rambly lol but yea i would just wait it out my labor started on its on wo trying anything after that
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 12:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• All those methods to start labor are Old Wives Tales.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 12:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Yea im not trying anything else. That was painful enough and scary. Ive come to the conclsuion hey she just is not ready and I wont be pregnant forever... My body is really killing me but woman do it everyday so yea ill tough it out. Im sorry ur baby had to go through that :-( and Iont think the oil would make the baby poop cause Ive taken other pregnancy safe laxative, this baby would have been all pooped up by now.
    AngelEyva

Comment by AngelEyva (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Your body goes into labor because it was ready to do into labor. I think if everyone could just self induce, not being doctors, the NICU would be packed. No one can truly tell when YOUR baby is ready. Well, on the bright side, you'll be all cleaned out for delivery lol! Hang in there! Hope you feel better.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Your body isnt ready. Nothing will help your body go into labor UNLESS ITS READY. Not even a medical induction can force a labor on an unready body and baby (your body will fight the labor... thats why so many inductions end in C-sections)
    Just relax, and wait for your baby to be ready for birth. You wont be pregnant forever.
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 1:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• The castor oil thing is to deliberately upset your tummy which you did, this stimu,ates the uterus to begin cramping, which it did. But its also not a safe thing to do as can cause you to be quite ill and become dehydrated. Be patient mama baby will be here soon x
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 1:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• LOL. Sorry I know it's not funny but I can just imagine haha. Anyway well yeah you're body isn't ready to go into labor, because if it were you would have gone into labor even before taking the castor oil lol. Why not ask your doctor if they strip your membranes? Or wait how far long are you anyway?
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 1:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• im 38 weeks pregnant. my other kids were here by now. I just hate being pregnant so long but I will just wait for the baby fudge it, like I am not risking that again
    AngelEyva

Comment by AngelEyva (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2010