How much would you be willing to INVEST to start up a home-based business if you knew you can make it back within one month?

Many people say they want to work from home and own their own business, but when it comes time to INVEST, they get scared. Why would a home-based busines investment be any different than an investment to open a franchise, mechanic store, craft store, a warehouse, etc...? Yeah, a home-based business takes less to open, but why are people so skeptical when you tell them their is a startup fee/initial investiment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Money & Work

• People are clueless and are afraid to take risks, but yet they complain about money and not getting ahead, a job will earn you living and pay the bills, but what you do on your own time, will create you wealth. Some just don't conceive that it is possible to be successful from home. You have to BELIEVE in yourself and have confidence in order for things to work. I invested less than $300 initially and started making money the first week, by the third week, I made my money back and every since then have been a lot more money than my monthly overhead of $250. I have made, just part time, a 6 figure income with my home business in just 16 month... Anyone can do it, you just have to want it bad enough.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• 10,000
    jennapowell

Answer by jennapowell at 11:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Depends on the product, but if I truley believed in the business, I would invest what I needed!
    markayda3

Answer by markayda3 at 1:02 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Because of fear and risk!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 3:20 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Some people don't have the mentality or drive to do their own thing. You have to have some self-confidence too. There are so many things you can do that don't involve a lot of risk, but people don't realize that. I've met people that are afraid to try one direct sales company and I've tried about 10. I finally found what works for me, but I wouldn't have found it if I quit after the first try.
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 9:31 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• What people don't understand is that home businesses are franchises. They are franchises that you open in your home... But people get nervious about loosing money because they don't understand that they will get it back with their taxes and that most good home business companies have fees! I personally will not do a company without them because I know that.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:44 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I invested 200 dollars to get started with Slumber Parties, and I doubled that amount back in my first 30 days.
    www.slumberpartiesbypolly.com
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 4:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I invested $600 for products in my Mary Kay business. The only reason I did because of the 90% buy back clause. All that I did not sell the company would buy back from me. I sold $600 my first week banked it. I had an additional $700 in FREE product. to sell and earn more money. The process made sense to me. Still in business and loving it.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 11:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2008