I delivered twins 4/2008, I have just about lost all the weight I gained, but my feet are still killing me...I wear orthodics for arch support and sneakers with arches all day...but if I sit once during the day...forget it, it feels like my foot is broken. What is wrong? Has anyone else had this problem? My girlfriend said it could be the hormones leaving my body.

My feet hurt, I wear arch support, sometimes they feel broken...and I cannot walk. What could it be?

badvsewingrrl

Asked by badvsewingrrl at 11:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Health

• Is it that your foot is stiff and won't move? Does it hurt anywhere else?
    Are you dieting a lot? Are you drinking diet soda?

I have foot issues but I didn't start wearing arch supports until 18 months ago. I got pain first then found out what was wrong. Maybe with a few more details I might be able to help.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:05 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Do your feet hurt worse after sitting for a while? I had a problem like this the doctor called fascitis(sp?) he described it as like a temporary arthritis. The tissue in the feet gets irritated and inflamed, and when you sit, fluid will go to the tissue in response, cause swelling, etc. When you are up walking around it pushes the fluid out. He treated it with Celebrex (and anti-inflamatory) for a few weeks and it went away and never came back.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 3:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• What is happening: only my feet hurt. I can move around all day--as long as I do not sit. Once I sit, then it takes a minute to start walking without pain. It is like what Mamapotter said. "I had a problem like this the doctor called fascitis(sp?) he described it as like a temporary arthritis. The tissue in the feet gets irritated and inflamed, and when you sit, fluid will go to the tissue in response, cause swelling, etc." So maybe I should call the dr.
    badvsewingrrl

Answer by badvsewingrrl at 10:36 AM on Oct. 14, 2008